This is Part 1 of a 3-part series on overcoming hypothyroidism:
- Part 1 – [You Are Here] – How We Overcome Hypothyroidism When All Else Fails…
- Part 2 – How to Heal Your Thyroid By Healing Your Liver
- Part 3 – Stop Eating Low-Carb (If You Care About Your Thyroid)
It’s sad but true…
Most of the advice out there about hypothyroidism and even Hashimoto’s thyroiditis is dead wrong.
And I’m speaking from both personal and professional experience.
You see, we’ve always been at the forefront of health.
We were recommending our clients go gluten-free way back when people thought it was nothing more than selling snake oil.
How times have changed…
What else has changed drastically over the years is our entire approach to health.
Much of the popular thyroid advice out there today is the same exact old advice we used to give our clients all those years ago.
Unfortunately, our results back then were not living up to our standards.
And being someone who practices what he preaches, my own personal results were disappointing to say the least.
If you know me, then you know that I don’t settle for anything but the best for myself and my clients.
So, as we continued studying, researching, and discovering answers… our entire approach changed.
And so did our results.
Today I get lots of emails like this…
And while our approach may be different than most everything else out there today, it’s for good reason.
While it may not be the most talked about approach, what we teach is ahead of its time and on the forefront of health today.
In this article, I’m going to reveal the systematic approach used to help Jeanette achieve the life-changing results she did.
It all started with simple steps like I show in my 3 Food Triple-Thyroid-Boosting Daily Protocol. If you suffer from hypothyroidism, Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, or a damaged metabolism, you will definitely want to to use this daily thyroid-boosting protocol because it will help you start seeing the results you want and deserve.
If you’ve ever tried treating your thyroid issue with medication alone, then you’re probably aware that for the vast majority of people…
…it just doesn’t work.
You might see some initial improvement, but there’s still something missing.
(Or like many hypothyroidism sufferers, you might even become more hypothyroid and feel worse.)
So, one thing that should be quite obvious is that your thyroid health depends on far more than just the health of your thyroid gland.
If not, everyone would simply take thyroid medication and be healed (just like today’s medical system would like you to believe).
There’s a reason that millions of hypothyroidism sufferers today fail to ever get relief or feel normal again.
It’s because of what I like to call the “Iceberg Effect”…
Much like an iceberg, hypothyroidism can be very deceiving.
What everyone focuses on today is the small part of the iceberg sticking out of the water…
…the obvious aspects of hypothyroidism.
But it’s only the tip of the iceberg.
It’s a small part of a much bigger and deeper rooted problem.
Below the water-line there are many other underlying causes of hypothyroidism that today’s medical approach doesn’t even know exists.
Unfortunately, most people go on to waste years or even decades of their lives focusing on the tip of the iceberg before realizing that it will never work.
What’s important to understand is…
There’s an entire Thyroid Hormone Pathway that exists which your thyroid hormone must travel down before it ever gets to your cells.
And with hypothyroidism, your pathway becomes blocked on multiple levels preventing your thyroid hormone from ever reaching your cells.
If there’s one thing I want you to take away from all of this, it’s this…
If you can’t get the right thyroid hormone to your cells or your cells can’t metabolize that thyroid hormone efficiently, then you will always be hypothyroid.
And no amount of thyroid medication will ever change that.
So, we developed a system to fix the many underlying issues hidden at the bottom of the iceberg… to completely unblock your Thyroid Hormone Pathway and permanently restore your thyroid health.
Here are five steps we take with our clients and that are responsible for their life-changing results.
1. We Unblock Your Liver
It probably makes perfect sense that if you are hypothyroid, you need to treat your thyroid gland.
Well, people have asked me time and time again… “What’s the first thing I should do to heal my thyroid?”
My typical response which catches most by surprise is to… “Start by getting your liver healthy.”
Wait a second. Your liver?
Well, you might be surprised to learn that your liver is so important to your thyroid health, maybe even more important than your thyroid gland.
How many people can live without their thyroid gland? More than you think.
How many people can live without their liver? Not a single one.
Which one do YOU think might be more important?
While your thyroid gland produces thyroid hormone, your liver orchestrates how your body uses it.
When you become hypothyroid, one of the first things to happen is your liver becomes blocked and dysfunctional.
This leads to a domino like effect along your Thyroid Hormone Pathway causing your entire pathway to become blocked at multiple levels.
And leaving your body to struggle as it never gets the thyroid hormone it needs.
This is probably the most common issue we find in our clients. But we rarely if ever find only one issue.
And because the effects are so far reaching, it’s generally the first thing we address with our clients.
When it comes to unblocking your Liver, there are a number of things we have to fix…
- Re-activate the conversion of your thyroid hormone into the active form your body needs.
- Re-activate your primary detoxification pathway so you can detoxify your many thyroid suppressive hormones and toxins.
- De-activate your stress response that’s suppressing your thyroid.
- And the list goes on and on…
(By the way, I talk more about how to correct your underlying liver issues that are preventing you from healing in this post about “How to Heal Your Thyroid By Healing Your Liver”)
First, let’s talk about another major part of your Thyroid Hormone Pathway that we need to fix.
2. We Unblock Your Thyroid Gland
OK, this is the most obvious part of the pathway but it’s still very important.
The common myth today is that hypothyroidism is a result of a sluggish thyroid gland.
But why exactly does your thyroid gland become sluggish in the first place?
Maybe someone added a little too much chlorine to your gene pool?
Or maybe there’s a little more to this story than you might realize.
You might be surprised to learn that your thyroid gland can actually become blocked in multiple ways.
It can become blocked from both producing and releasing thyroid hormone, which we see all the time.
When it comes to unblocking your thyroid gland, there a number of things that we need to fix as well…
- Balance the proteins in your diet to activate the enzymes that produce thyroid hormone inside your thyroid gland.
- Balance your estrogen and progesterone to activate the enzymes that allow your thyroid gland to release its thyroid hormone into your bloodstream.
Even chronic stress itself will slow down the production of thyroid hormone at your thyroid gland.
Oftentimes these issues can be quite evident when looking at thyroid labs.
While producing and getting thyroid hormone into your bloodstream is vital, this next part might just be the most overlooked.
3. We Unblock Your Thyroid Hormone Carrier Proteins
Every day we depend on cars, bikes, buses, etc. to take us from where we are to where we need to be.
But what happens when someone steals your car or bike, or the bus you want to take is full?
You’re left stranded.
The same goes for your thyroid hormone.
You depend on carrier proteins in your bloodstream to pick up and carry your thyroid hormone to your cells.
But when these carrier proteins become blocked, you’re thyroid hormone is left stranded and your cells weak and starving.
And if you can’t get thyroid hormone to your cells, then you’ll always be hypothyroid.
When it comes to unblocking your carrier proteins, we have to…
- Ensure that there are adequate carrier proteins available to deliver your thyroid hormone to your cells.
- Detoxify the fatty acids in your bloodstream that are tying up and taking over your carrier proteins.
It’s the little and oftentimes overlooked things that prevent us from seeing the results we want and deserve with our health… which is why we cover thyroid health in so much detail, like you’ll see in the 3 Food Triple-Thyroid-Boosting Daily Protocol.
You can get all the details about this triple-thyroid-boosting protocol right here.
So, that covers the first three parts of your Thyroid Hormone Pathway that we must address to ensure that you’re getting your thyroid hormone to your cells.
But remember, your cells still have to be able to metabolize it properly for healthy thyroid function.
And that’s what we’ll be focusing on in these final two parts.
4. We Unblock Your Thyroid Hormone Cell Receptors
Getting thyroid hormone to your cells is hard enough.
But you’re still not out of the woods yet.
Your thyroid hormone still has to bind to your cells in order for your cells to use it.
And for many people, finding a receptor site for your thyroid hormone to bind to is like trying to find a parking spot at Whole Foods right before dinner time.
It’s just not going to happen.
To unblock your cell receptors and make enough room for your thyroid hormone, there are even more things that we have to fix…
- Down-regulate your reverse T3 hormone that’s overtaking your cell receptors.
- Detoxify the toxic fats that are also crowding your cell receptors.
- Use healthy fats in your diet to increase your number of cell receptors and improve thyroid hormone binding capacity.
Now we’re getting close, but there’s still one major hurdle that we have to overcome.
5. We Unblock Your Metabolism
Most hypothyroidism sufferers understand that they have a slow or dysfunctional metabolism.
But if you think that exercise is going to change that, you might just have to learn this the hard way like most do.
For most, exercising with hypothyroidism is like trying to keep warm by lighting your house on fire.
It might keep you warm for a while but at what cost?
Eventually, it’s all going to come crashing down on you.
What we have to do is get your body using the right source of fuel.
And get your metabolism in high gear while you’re at rest… 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
To unblock your metabolism like this we have to create an environment where you cells can thrive, which we do by…
- Eliminating the large amounts of free fatty acids in your bloodstream that prevent your cells from metabolizing thyroid hormone.
- Detoxify the thyroid suppressive hormones that are suffocating your cells.
- Properly balance your diet so that your cells have a consistent source of the right fuel they need to produce endless energy.
- Detoxify the high levels of lactic acid inherent with hypothyroidism that perpetuate dysfunctional hypothyroid metabolism.
I talk more about the importance of balancing your diet in this post about the dangers of low-carb diets.
You see, there’s a lot more to restoring your thyroid health than most realize.
But that doesn’t mean it has to be difficult by any means.
That’s why we’ve taken this complete and comprehensive approach and broken it down into a simple step-by-step formula.
That’s how we help our clients overcome their thyroid issues for good.
Overcoming Your Hypothyroidism Is So Much Better Than Trying to Live With It
Here’s why this systematic approach works so well.
- You fix every underlying cause of your thyroid issue… you just need to properly address every part of your Thyroid Hormone Pathway.
- You put an end to the continuous hypothyroid cycle that you’re trapped in… instead of watching it worsen to the point that it becomes unbearable.
- You’ll correct the underlying issues responsible for Hashimoto’s thyroiditis… even if you’re not sure if you have it.
- You’ll regain control of your health and can and live without limitations… which is something that most only dream about.
- You don’t have to be a medical student to follow it… in fact the less misinformation you’ve been exposed to the better.
There are a lot of books and advice out there that focus on a single aspect of thyroid health. And others that help you make the best of a life limited by thyroid issues.
But this daily protocol shows you how to start to start getting real results. It’s a super simple way to start every day right and full of energy.
1. Hyman, Mark. “A 7-Step Plan to Boost Your Low Thyroid and Metabolism.” Dr. Mark Hyman, 10 June 2016, www.drhyman.com/blog/2010/05/20/a-7-step-plan-to-boost-your-low-thyroid-and-metabolis/.
2. Grunewald, Jill. “13 Ways to Treat Hypothyroidism Naturally.” Mindbodygreen, Mindbodygreen, 9 Oct. 2017, www.mindbodygreen.com/0-3139/13-Ways-to-Treat-Hypothyroidism-Naturally.html.
3. Pomroy, Haylie. “The 3-Phase Plan to Fix Your Metabolism for Good.” The Dr. Oz Show, The Dr. Oz Show, 14 Mar. 2016, www.doctoroz.com/article/3-phase-plan-fix-your-metabolism-good.